1. When do you decorate? It's an ongoing project for me. I would LOVE to have everything up the weekend after Thanksgiving, but that NEVER happens. It all depends on when hubby gets the stuff down from the attic and we have time to get a tree. I spent this past weekend getting most of it done. Here's the tree...
2. Elf or no elf? No Elf for me, but I do love checking in on the escapades of everyone else's.
3. Christmas Cookies or No Baking for You?I do cookies for a cookie exchange, but that's about it. My daughter is the baker in the family now.
4. Favorite Holiday Tradition? I love driving around with my family looking at all the Christmas light displays. In the classroom, it is our Polar Express Celebration.
5. Favorite Christmas Movie?Prancer! I love showing this movie to my students. At home, I am a sucker for almost any cheesy Christmas movie. I love to watch them with my daughter.
6. Snow or No Snow? NO SNOW for this warm weather girl! This is my idea of sledding!
...or a snow white beach!
7. Favorite Christmas Song? I love 'em all! Here is this year's favorite. I just love Pentatonix!
8. Favorite Gifts to Give and Get? I L♥VE to give presents! I love finding little things that other people will enjoy. At this point in my life, there is not much I want or need. I just enjoy being with friends and family. I love the gifts that students have made for me over the years and the jewels and stuffed animal that have come from their own collections because they wanted to give something special.
Head on over to Michelle's blog and check out the other responses too!
I will leave you with these 2 new writing activities that I finished up yesterday, too.
Because of the death of my aunt this morning, I rushed out of the house just after we had finished buying our Christmas tree. Hubby got down all of the Christmas stuff out of the attic while I was up north and got the tree set up. Now all I have to do is DECORATE!
I have my Christmas cards and the stamps, just have to get them DONE!
I have ideas for 3 new Christmas/Winter products swimming around in my head.
Hope to have time to work on those this week.
Because of family issues I did not get last month's newsletter done and am running late on this month's, but I WILL get it done!
I love my kids more than life itself and they are growing up WAY too fast! I want to spend as much time with them as I can.
If you have not been participating in Creative Clips' Operation E.L.F.,
you are missing out!
Hey, EVERYONE. LOVES.FREEBIES!
In honor of Operation E.L.F I have created this fun freebie for you!
Students write a letter to Santa telling him why they want to be one of his elves.
Then the get to "ELF Themself!"
This is a fun activity for these crazy weeks before Christmas when you just want to keep them busy (in a meaningful way, of course!)
To grab your copy, click here or on the image above.
Are you looking for a charitable organization to donate to?
How about a dollar-for-dollar tax credit?
I have recently gotten involved with and become a CASA Volunteer.
VOICES FOR CASA CHILDREN IS DEDICATED TO BRINGING A VOICE TO EVERY ABUSED AND NEGLECTED CHILD IN STATE CARE BY PROVIDING RESOURCES TO SUPPORT AND GROW THE CASA OF MARICOPA COUNTY PROGRAM.
Voices for CASA Children is a 501(c)(3) non-profit and a Qualified Foster Care Charitable Organization.
Your donation is eligible for tax credit consideration - EIN 45-3359395.
(Visit www.azdor.gov for further information)
You can make a dollar-for-dollar tax credit donation of up to $800 for couples filing jointly.
This is definitely a WIN-WIN-WIN deal!
Voices wins when you donate.
YOU win at tax time.
And most importantly, kids who desperately need our help win.