It all started with a PIN...
I saw and pinned this a long time ago.
I knew that I wanted to do something with it, but just what I wasn't sure.
I decided to use it as a behavior incentive.
My idea was to have the kids earn puzzle pieces for good behavior,
and when the puzzle was complete, they would earn a prize.
OK, so I set off in search of the perfect puzzle to use for the project.
I wanted a puzzle with about 25 pieces, but not too babyish.
NO SUCH LUCK!
I found this one at the dollar store...
Thought it might work, but I just couldn't wrap my head around it.
I have been playing around with my Silhouette
and decided to see if they had a puzzle template that would work.
Found just what I was looking for!
I decided to make my own puzzles!
I designed them in PowerPoint and saved the images.
Then I opened the images in Silhouette and layered the puzzle template,
and then adjusted the sizes to fit.
I printed and laminated the pages.
For letting me know that I could cut out the puzzle AFTER I laminated it!
I used the following settings to cut out the laminated puzzles:
Speed - 3
Thickness - 33
Blade - 5
I started out with this one...
It was OK. I wanted one to be generic.
Then I thought about what inexpensive, kid-pleasing rewards I would use.
These are the ones I came up with...
After they were cut out, I put magnets on the backs.
Here are the finished puzzles...
I am really excited to use them, and I think the kids will love them too!
After having completed this, I think next time I make one, I will use magnetic sheets instead of adding magnets to the back. I think this will make the pieces fit together better.