Here's a bit of my Christmas Craftiness from the weekend...
Inspired by these pins from Pinterest,
here is MY version.
It's hard to see in the picture, but there are white Christmas lights in the buckets that light them up with twinkling lights. Here's what they look like beside my front door.
They turned out so pretty!
Next up was this inspiration...
it became this...
A glass brick filled with white lights and red and clear glass marbles.
It's the perfect night light for the bathroom!
Here's the towel rack in my bathroom
(Christmas towels are not up yet.)
And finally, Gingerbread ornaments for my students. I make these every year to go along with our Gingerbread unit.
They are 2" terra cotta pots with wooden doll heads and glass marbles.
I love making these every year!
I am also linking up with Michelle at Fabulous in First for her Christmas Questionnaire!
1. When do you decorate? It's an ongoing project for me. I would LOVE to have everything up the weekend after Thanksgiving, but that NEVER happens. It all depends on when hubby gets the stuff down from the attic and we have time to get a tree. I spent this past weekend getting most of it done. Here's the tree...
2. Elf or no elf? No Elf for me, but I do love checking in on the escapades of everyone else's.
3. Christmas Cookies or No Baking for You? I do cookies for a cookie exchange, but that's about it. My daughter is the baker in the family now.
4. Favorite Holiday Tradition? I love driving around with my family looking at all the Christmas light displays. In the classroom, it is our Polar Express Celebration.
5. Favorite Christmas Movie? Prancer! I love showing this movie to my students. At home, I am a sucker for almost any cheesy Christmas movie. I love to watch them with my daughter.
6. Snow or No Snow? NO SNOW for this warm weather girl! This is my idea of sledding!
...or a snow white beach!
7. Favorite Christmas Song? I love 'em all! Here is this year's favorite. I just love Pentatonix!
8. Favorite Gifts to Give and Get? I L♥VE to give presents! I love finding little things that other people will enjoy. At this point in my life, there is not much I want or need. I just enjoy being with friends and family. I love the gifts that students have made for me over the years and the jewels and stuffed animal that have come from their own collections because they wanted to give something special.
Head on over to Michelle's blog and check out the other responses too!
I will leave you with these 2 new writing activities that I finished up yesterday, too.